Today, KilkennyMusic.com have started a 3-week fundraising project i.e. we are trying to achieve a goal of EUR1,000 within three weeks. It might be a little more than that as we’ve set a target of US$1,500 to allow us purchase a high definition video camera (the exact figure being US$1,524 when converted).
The Arts Office in Kilkenny have been kind to us over the past two years with grant funding to a total of â‚¬8,048 allocated to KilkennyMusic.com for the purchase of equipment for live use. This money has been put to fantastic use and has allowed us to facilitate some of Ireland’s finest bands in a variety of different music venues through Kilkenny and Carlow.
KilkennyMusic.com operates on a strict non-profit basis. I foot a lot of the bills and overheads where needs be and where possible; we’re not sponsored by any individual or business and over the past two years monies raised have gone right back into the bands and upgrading our services.
Aside from myself there are three other extremely talented and committed individuals who are doing an awful lot for music in Kilkenny, now expanding into the South East (before the launch of our national identity for 2008). What we’re hoping to do is this: over the next 25 days (upper limit established by fundable.org) to raise the grand sum of US$1,500 in minimum donations of US$10. The sum raised goes towards the purchase of a Canon HV 20 DV camera. This will allow us to
- Start broadcasting our gigs online, weekend gigs and the free One Take Sessions held every third Thursday.
- Archiving high quality digital footage of our gigs and special performances to showcase on Kilkenny Music TV. Footage would also be used in preparation for DVD releases of gig highlights in Kilkenny on an annual basis.
- KilkennyMusic.com will begin to regularly podcast video interviews with bands both local and national in an attempt to a) boost the profile of the bands in question and b) boost the profile of Kilkenny as a “go-to” music destination in Ireland.
- Offer additional services to bands seeking video as a promotional tool for their music – live footage, studio footage, video postcards etc.
- Overall offer a higher quality of service across a broader media spectrum
This has been advertised on KilkennyMusic.com and I’ve opted to bring it here to kenmc.com as well. An amazing amount of services under the KilkennyMusic.com banner are provided for free (from gig nights to promotion, press and beyond) and we’re hoping that people will get behind the fundraising idea (people in Kilkenny and beyond, and those who follow the gigs and online developments) and support KilkennyMusic.com.
Donations that come in at the â‚¬250 mark will have the option of company branding (logo) as “sponsor” on the close of videos published in the online realm, this option is entirely up to the individual or business donating. We have also agreed that if the donations break US$1,500 within the 25 day cap that additional monies pledged will be donated to an Irish charity, nominated by members of the KilkennyMusic.com online community and forum.
If you know anyone who might be interested, feel free to spread the word.
Quick link: http://url.ie/5jg